I adapted my date cookies recipe to make the most amazing cutout cookies.
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 1/3 cup sugar
1. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda through a sifter and set aside.
2. Blend shortening, vanilla, eggs, milk, and sugar until smooth.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
4. Chill for 2 hours.
5. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick (use extra flour) and cut with cookie cutters.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I don't know if it was the recipe or the new cookie sheets I recently received as a gift, but these cookies are just amazing.