We have tried countless different ways to make garlic bread. All have been good, but this one has been great. My husband had garlic bread at Buca di Peppo and wanted to replicate it at home. This is what we came up with and really enjoy it.
1 french loaf (the actual recipe calls for focaccia bread cut into two halves)
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1. Slice bread into 1 inch pieces
2. Butter bread and place face up on baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan on each piece.
4. Put three garlic slices on each piece.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella on each piece.
6. Sprinkle oregano on each piece.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes