Monday, July 12, 2010

Going back to work -- Organization...

Let the orderly organization begin!  I feel like Max from Where the Wild Things are, except I want order not chaos.  I will be returning to work in just a couple weeks and there are moments I feel so overwhelmed. Will our daughter transition well?  How will everything get done?  I can't get it all done now and I'm home all day (well not really, our daughter and I are out and about most days). Then there are moments I feel, hey we won't be here all day and there won't be as much "to do."  And I find a sense of peace and calm in that.  But I do think that having a little plan to transition the family to "Mommy working and little one at school" will do us a lot of good.  With support from my husband, I know organizing what will be necessary to be most efficient.

Here's a list of some planning strategies I will be doing over the course of the next couple weeks (along with going to the fair, observing butterflies at the botanical gardens and sneaking in some other fun things).


  • Inventory Freezer and Pantry (it's mighty stocked already)
  • Menu Plan
  • Freezer cook meals for August (I'll try to blog about this)
  • Stock-up grocery trip
  • Checklist of morning routine
  • Schedule for getting laundry, vacuuming, shopping, etc done.
  • List of bills and when due 
  • Plan lunch and snack menu for our daughter's preschool (with food allergies we are opting to bring her food)
  • Re-organize coupons
  • Whatever else can come up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more about this. I am my second week of ft work with an almost 3 year old and a 15 month old. We are organized but I am really struggling with the "food side" of our daily lives, i.e. prepping breakfast and lunch for the girls and I daily (I have to be to work for 7am so they eat bfast at daycare) and dinner prep, serving, and clean up (no dishwasher) that allows me time to enjoy my children in the time I do have home with them each day, prep for the next day while still keeping a household going, and possibly sneak in some time for me to exercise or relax...GASP!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails