Thursday, July 22, 2010

This week's freezer cooking

I've been busy trying to spend quality time with our little girl before we start preschool.  And organizing the house has been consuming my time.  Here's an update on my freezer cooking for the week.  Doesn't look like much and it really wasn't much time, but I've had to fit it in between everything else creating a little bit of a challenge.


  • Browned 3 pounds of ground beef -- stored in 1/2 pounds and 1 pound freezer bags.  I'll use these for soups and casseroles.  It saves a lot of time.  Often the meal prep turns into a dump together and heat up instead of a slow wait and messy clean up.
  • Froze lemon juice from two lemons -- stored in freezer bag for future use
  • Banana Oatmeal Cookies -- for quick allergy-free snack for preschool and home. 
  • Tomato paste -- froze in ice cube tray and then put in freezer bag.  I often use just 1 Tbsp of tomato paste as a thickener but hate opening a 6 oz can for just a little bit.
  • Pot Stickers -- just found this recipe and it's so good.
  • Homemade Tomato Sauce -- froze in old jar.
Curious what I did last week, go here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails