Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Direction

I'm very excited about the next transition in our lives.  I am going back to work come this fall.  Our daughter will be 3 years old and we found a wonderful preschool for her.  I was earning my second Bachelor's degree  in teaching when I became pregnant with her and have been a full-time parent since.  We've had lots of challenges since she's been born (medical issues, moving, etc).  But all seems pretty sorted out right now.  I just started applying for teaching jobs in our area and can't wait to see what comes from it.  Boy oh boy you wouldn't have believed all the work I had to put into the application process.  I spent more than an hour a day last week typing up answers and filling in the blanks.  And Friday morning I spent more than three hours scanning in documents and uploading everything.


My initial hope was for part-time, but if a great full-time opportunity comes my way I might just snag it.  I worry about the balance of it all, but I think we've discussed it clearly.  My husband is so supportive and says it will all just work out.  And I know it will.   I gotta admit I think I'm looking forward to getting back into the real world.  It's been a challenge at times to be isolated, even though my daughter and I go somewhere every day. We'll see what happens next.

I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails