These rolls are delicious. The orginal recipe is from Cooking from Stolen Moments, however I halved the recipe to make just one pan.
Pull Apart Rolls
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 Tbsp and 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt (or less to taste)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 cups to 4 cups flour
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add boiling water. Cool to room temperature.
2. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
3. Add yeast and egg to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and 2 1/2 cup flour to mixture.
5. Add remaining flour and kneed for 8 minutes.
6. Roll dough into golf ball size balls. Place in greased round cake pan.
7. Cover and allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.