I found this recipe in Hungry Girl 200 Recipes for 200 Calories by Lisa Lillien. She has a whole chapter on using Cool Whip in recipes! I altered this recipe a little to meet our food allergies needs and changed the name. It's really easy to make (kids can help) and my toddler loves them.
1 Medium Banana
2 Tbsp Cool Whip
1 Tbsp Sunbutter (original recipe calls for peanut butter)
1. Cut banana into slices about 1/4 inch thick. About 20 pieces.
2. Lay half the pieces flat on a plate lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
3. Mix Cool Whip and Sunbutter together until well blended.
4. Even distribute Cool Whip mixture on one banana slice. Top with another banana slice to make small sandwich. Repeat with rest of banana slices.
5. Put in freezer for about 1 hour. Then eat and enjoy!
**These are best to eat right away otherwise they will get mushy.**
For more great recipes go to the Grocery Cart Challenge!