I made this last week trying to use up so deals I've been getting to stock my pantry and freezer. I had some homemade sauce and peppers in the freezer so the prep was pretty simple. The taste was exceptional.
Easy Sausage Pepper Pasta
1 jar spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce
1/2 cup red and yellow peppers, chopped
2 to 3 links Italian sausage
1 lb pasta, I used penne, but any kind works
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Put 1/4 cup water in pan and cook sausage on medium low for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned. You may need to add extra water. Cut sausage into 1/4 inch slices.
2. Boil pasta for 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Mix cooked pasta, sausage, peppers, and tomato sauce together in casserole dish.
4. Top with Mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or when cheese is melted.
For more great recipes check out the Grocery Cart Challenge and Life as Mom!