With that all said, here are the directions for making this fun matching game.
1 yard fabric (try to find something with simple repeating patterns)
1. Cut fabric to size you want to use. I cut mine in half. I usually fold my over a couple times when playing because otherwise it's too big.
2. Cut out the shapes or patterns for each item from extra fabric. I cut out many of each since there are only four patterns -- frog, bee, bird, dog.
3. Then iron each pattern and use starch spray to make it really stiff.
4. Laminate each pattern piece.
5. Play the matching game.
Ideas for this matching game.
- Practice animal sounds.
- Put cards behind you and ask child what will be next (great for predicting)
- Make a pattern without the fabric piece
- Have child help pick up and put away
- Encourage them to place the pieces on different spots, really young kids like to put all the dogs on the same dog place, etc.
- Helps with patience and following directions
- So many ideas, do what works for you!!