Friday, January 2, 2009

Toddler Trail Mix

Finding snacks for toddlers can be challenging. I like making a simple trail mix for my daughter. It really can consist of anything. Here's an example what our trail mix looks like today. I will follow with other suggestions.

Toddler Trail Mix
I like this because my daughter discovers the different flavors and she can eat the container.

Cheerios
Apple Strawberry Gerber Puffs
Raisins
Dried Apricots
Ice Cream Cone

1. Use about a tablespoon of each and mix together. (This of course is an estimate, you can more if you would like)
2. Put in an ice cream cone.

Other Trail Mix suggestions
Marshmallows
Other flavored puffs
Rice Puff cereal
Wheat Puff cereal
Craisins
Any type of cereal (Chex, Kix, etc)
Dried fruit (Gerber or other brand)
Chocolate chips
Pretzels
Goldfish


**Try to give a good balance of grain and fruit. Try to limit the sweets. **

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails