Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's Cookin' --Pork Fried Rice

I made this when we had some leftover pork steak, however you could use any type of pork in this for good flavor. I obtained the idea for this on Cooking During Stolen Moments. This is a awesome site if you are interested in recipes. Most have ingredients that are familiar. And every recipe I've tried has turned out great. Here's what I did with her Pork Fried Rice recipe.


Pork Fried Rice
This simple recipe tastes like Chinese take-out. Take-out without the cost that is. I looked at my husband after our first couple bites and said "Soy sauce -- that's it." Sometimes I think there has to be lots of fancy items to make food taste really good. This recipe proves that's not the case!


1 Tbsp oil
2 cups cooked rice
1 egg
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped leftover pork steak (or any pork)
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots
2 Tbsp soy sauce


1. Cook rice. I used Minute Rice and it actually worked out pretty good.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet on medium to medium-low heat.
3. Add rice for about 5 minutes.
4. Clear a center of the rice and scramble egg in same skillet. Rice will be on the outer rim of skillet.
5. Stir egg with rice after egg is scrambled.
6. Add pork, carrots, and green onion. Heat through for about 5 minutes.
7. Add soy sauce and mix well.


**I love the idea that I had all this in my fridge when I needed to make it. Chicken or shrimp could easily be replaced for the meat. **

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails