Pork Fried Rice
This simple recipe tastes like Chinese take-out. Take-out without the cost that is. I looked at my husband after our first couple bites and said "Soy sauce -- that's it." Sometimes I think there has to be lots of fancy items to make food taste really good. This recipe proves that's not the case!
1 Tbsp oil
2 cups cooked rice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped leftover pork steak (or any pork)
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1. Cook rice. I used Minute Rice and it actually worked out pretty good.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet on medium to medium-low heat.
3. Add rice for about 5 minutes.
4. Clear a center of the rice and scramble egg in same skillet. Rice will be on the outer rim of skillet.
5. Stir egg with rice after egg is scrambled.
6. Add pork, carrots, and green onion. Heat through for about 5 minutes.
7. Add soy sauce and mix well.
**I love the idea that I had all this in my fridge when I needed to make it. Chicken or shrimp could easily be replaced for the meat. **