I took this original idea form Make it Fast, Cook it Slow, by Stephanie O'Dea. Her recipe was for fried chicken in the crockpot, but after I changed the recipe some it didn't turn out like fried chicken at all. Since I changed enough to make it my own, I thought I would share. It was still really good even though it wasn't the fried chicken I was hoping for.
12 drumsticks, unthawed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1 tsp salt
Dash chili powder
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter (I used dairy-free Smart Balance)
1. Mix spices together with flour.
2. Put spices in ziplock bag with chicken. Shake.
3. Spray bottom of crockpot with cooking spray.
4. Put chicken in crockpot. Pour melted butter over top.
5. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!