Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's Cookin' --Crockpot chicken drumsticks

I took this original idea form Make it Fast, Cook it Slow, by Stephanie O'Dea.  Her recipe was for fried chicken in the crockpot, but after I changed the recipe some it didn't turn out like fried chicken at all. Since I changed enough to make it my own, I thought I would share.  It was still really good even though it wasn't the fried chicken I was hoping for.

12 drumsticks, unthawed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1 tsp salt
Dash chili powder
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter (I used dairy-free Smart Balance)

1. Mix spices together with flour.
2. Put spices in ziplock bag with chicken.  Shake.
3. Spray bottom of crockpot with cooking spray.
4. Put chicken in crockpot. Pour melted butter over top.
5. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.

For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!

3 comments:

cassandrasmom said...

How long did you cook these for? They sound wonderful. Chicken drumsticks always seem to be on sale at the store where I shop so it would make a nice frugal dish for dinner.

Mel said...

Sorry, forgot to add cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.

Tina Butler said...

This sounds really good and easy. I am visiting from The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails