Monday, June 6, 2011

Delay the wash

Back in the fall we purchased a new washer and dryer.  A new luxury item, for sure.  We researched and purchased a Kenmore set from Sears.  I really wasn't too concerned about what we bought -- I just wanted it to do a decent job on the spin cycle (without becoming imbalanced).  Laundry was definitely a big challenge once I started working part-time.  While my hours were consistent, I attended a lot of extra meetings and classes.


My favorite feature on my new washing machine is the delay wash button.  When I first tried it, I was leery that it would work.  I guess when you're used to an old machine, you just expect it not to work.  So, one day set the timer on the washing machine to finish around the time we got home after school.  It was amazing.  All I had to to was put the wet clothes in the dryer and start another load.  Now, I often start a delayed cycle for when we get home.  I also set it before going to bed.  Then I just wake up with a load already started.  It really does save that time of waiting for the first cycle to be done.  I also will do a load at night (not delayed) and leave the load in the dryer for morning or after school.  Usually this is a load of towels or something else that doesn't need immediate folding.


If you have a delayed wash button on your washing machine and you aren't using it -- you should give it a try.  Or if you are in the market looking for a new washing machine, I would highly suggest getting on with the delayed wash cycle.  It really saves a time and a little stress.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails