Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thrifty Thursday--But the price is different


Earlier this week I went to Walgreens to purchase allergy medicne for my daughter.  It was a new medicine for us and they didn't carry a Walgreens version.  It was $12.99.  Yikes!  A little pricey to say the least and not a coupon in sight.  Either way I wanted to try with her to see if her sniffles went away or at least decreased.  I put the medicine in the cart and quickly walked through the store and searched the end caps (a bad habit I have when shopping).  

I was just about to leave when I noticed a display at one of the ends of the aisle.  It said the medicine was $9.99.  I compared the medicine on the display with the medicine in the cart and sure enought they were the same.  Now being Walgreens, I was pretty certain the $12.99 price would ring up.  So, I asked before I purchased it (note: our 3-year-old was not with me).  As I predicted it was $12.99.  We scanned the ads and then she called someone to check the prices in the aisle. Eventually I had to walk back and show the display.  Within a second they adjusted the price.  Ah, that was worth the hassle.  

As I was leaving the store, I heard someone say they adjusted the price at the register.  I walked away feeling good that I got the cheaper price and anyone else who purchases that medicine this week will get it, too. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails