Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thrifty Dress-up Clothes

I love Halloween time because it's a great time to stock up on dress-up clothes. I usually scan the garage sale ads for people selling costumes and head to the thrift stores for used costumes. This year I bought two princess dresses off the used costume rack for less than $4 each. Certainly beats the price of $20 retail for each. So they might be a little used already, but I can guarantee you that within a couple months they would start to wear a little on the ends after my little one starts pulling it on and off. With all the dress-up clothes I make sure I can wash them.

A tip when buying dress-up clothes is to buy it a size or two larger than your child is now. That way they will be successful (by themselves) putting the clothes on. Plus you will probably get a good year of use before needing to replace and if you replace every September or October you will get the best deals. Be sure to check the sales racks after Halloween for deals!

Other ideas for the dramatic play box
  • hats, hats and more hats. We have everything from bonnets to a chef hat to hard hats
  • purses.
  • aprons
  • socks
  • mittens
  • gloves
  • vests
  • adult shirts
  • skirts
  • pants
  • wigs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails