My husband really like the chicken wild rice soup at Panera. Here's what I came up with to make a similar version at home. I took this recipe from several sources.
Chicken Wild Rice Soup4 cups chicken broth
1 to 2 cups chicken, cooked
1/2 cup wild rice, cooked
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup carrots
1/2 cup oninos
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup flour
1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp all purpose seasoning (I used season all salt)
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp thyme
1. Combine broth, chicken and cooked rice in large pot. Heat through on low.
2. Chop onion, carrot and garlic. Heat on medium to soften in separate skillet.
3. Add onion, carrot, garlic mix to broth mix.
4. Melt butter. Slowly add flour, salt, pepper parsley, all purpose seasoning, thyme in separate pan. Whisk until combined.
5. Slowly add heavy cream to flour mixture. Heat on medium-low until thickened. About 5 minutes.
6. Add all together and heat through on low for 10 minutes or so.