Monday, November 30, 2009

Repost -- Chai Tea


I've posted this recipe in the past, but I have to share it again.  It's my favorite tea to drink this time of year.  For more great holiday drink ideas, check out here.

I'm posting this to participate in the Second Annual Bloggy Progressive Dinner.  Stop back all week for great recipe ideas!


Chai Tea
I originally found this recipe here.  I accidentally added less of one ingredient and too much of another last time I made this last time and it really didn't change the flavor at all.  So, if you are adventurous you could be creative with this one or make it as is.

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea.
2. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time.  Mixture should be the consistency of fine powder.

To serve: Stir 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.

5 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

My husband loves chai tea- this sounds great! Also sounds like a fun gift idea. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Sounds lovely. We drink a lot of water around here. This would be a special treat. :)

Butterfly Momma said...

I made this for my husband a while ago and we really liked it, but I was not able to find the instant unsweetened tea, so I use sweetened iced tea mix and decreased the sugar. Is the instant tea usually with the regular brewed tea? Thanks!

Mel said...

Butterfly Momma: I used Nestea Instant Tea mix.

http://www.nestea.com/productsInstant.jsp

I'm pretty sure I found it down the coffee/tea isle at the grocery store.

SnoWhite said...

delicious! I love having this around for special visitors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails