I made this one up to use up some feta cheese that we have. I've seen variations of this recipe all over the place lately, so I decided to just whip up what I thought might work. It was so good. My husband named it Shell Lasagna. You can add more cheese or sauce to your liking. These ingredients are really only guidelines. Sometimes it's nice to be creative...
15 jumbo shells
Tomato sauce with or without meat (use jar or homemade)
2 oz feta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (for topping)
1. Cook jumbo shells in boiling water according to package. Drain. Let cool.
2. In bowl, mix feta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese together.
3. Stuff cheese mixture in each cooked jumbo shell.
4. Place in each stuffed shell in casserole dish.
5. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
**You can substitute ricotta cheese for feta cheese**
For more great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge!