Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's Cookin' -- Chicken Puffs

I actually was given this recipe from Kate and her Stolen Moments Planning Service.  But I did a search to see that it's a pretty common recipe.  Here's a link to a recipe chicken puffs.  I (as I often do) changed the recipe a little.  I love that this will reheat well and be a good lunch.

Chicken Puffs

1 to 2 cups precooked chicken
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp butter
4 oz cream cheese
3 4oz packages of crescent rolls (you can buy larger packages, of course)

1. Melt butter on medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic.  Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
4. Blend together cream cheese and chicken.  I use my Kitchen Aid for ease.
5. Open crescent rolls into rectangles (two triangles).
6. Place large spoonful of chicken mixture in center of each rectangles.
7. Roll into ball.
8. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 325 degrees.

Check out ore great recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I have made these a few times, and everyone loves them.

Unknown said...

What an EASY!!! recipe. I think I will try this recipe after Thanksgiving using leftover turkey. Something different for the family beside turkey casserole.
I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes and ideas, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
THANKS!!! for the recipe.
Geri

Mel said...

Oh, yes these would taste great with leftover turkey. Thanks "heartnsoulcooking" for the idea, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails