Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving at home -- just the three of us. There was no running to get anywhere at a certain time and it was surprising a lot less work.  I also didn't have to worry about what my daughter ate, as I made everything dairy-free.   The day was stress-free. Having my husband and daughter with me in our new home for our first holiday means so much. I am so thankful that after almost five years of knowing my husband that we continue to have strong relationship.  We are so thankful to finally have a place to call home, and it certainly was call for celebration.

Thanks to Kate at Stolen Moments Menu Planning we had great recipes for our turkey and stuffing.  It was one of the tastiest turkeys I've ever eaten. We made a large bird (12 pounds) and froze a good portion of it. And we made lots of turkey stock.  I made turkey and wild rice chowder (thanks again Kate) with leftovers.

We enjoyed our day.  Hope you enjoyed yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails