Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's Cookin' - Cheddar Sliced Baked Potatoes

I found this recipe here. We are always trying new things with potatoes. Mashed and baked potatoes gets boring night after night.

Cheddar Sliced Baked Potatoes
This was really tasty. My husband went back for seconds. It was a little salty, so I might use a little less soup next time, although I don't think I had 4 cups of potatoes.

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 med. baking potatoes (cut into 1/4 inch slices), approx. 4 c.
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

1. In bowl, combine soup, paprika and pepper.
2. Grease 2 quart baking dish and arrange potato slices in overlapping rows.
3. Sprinkle with cheese then spoon soup mixture over cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F. for 45 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.

Sliced Baked Potatoes on Foodista

2 comments:

jennwa said...

That sounds good. I am going to try that.

christine said...

Hello! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a lovely blog and awesome Cheddar Sliced Baked Potatoes recipe. Reminds me of mom's recipe and it was superb, I bet yours is excellent too! By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails