Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's Cookin' -- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice

I make this when I have leftover chicken or need a quick meal (I have cooked chicken frozen). I make it in my electric skillet, but I've done it on the stove. The proportions really don't matter for this one, but here's about what I do.

Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
1 cup rice (I'm back to using Minute Rice)
1 to 2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 to 1 bag of frozen broccoli (or a head of fresh broccoli)
1 can cream of mushroom (any cream soup works)
1 can water -- more if needed
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Pour soup, water and rice in skillet. Put skillet on 300 degrees or medium heat for stove top.
2. Bring to boil and add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Cook on low for 15 minutes or until broccoli is soft.

**You can add use other vegetables, such as carrots, peas, cauliflower, either mixed together or as a substitute for broccoli**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails