Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wrapping Paper craft


For Christmas wrapping of gifts, I had my 16-month-old daughter paint the white side of wrapping paper that we probably won't end up using. It's a great way to get rid of paper you don't want to use. Turned out really good. I taped two large sections to the table and wheeled the highchair up to each. I gave her a star sponge and she ended up using the paint brush and her hands more. Once it dries, I'll cut it up into smaller pieces for each gift.

I think it's special when kids can make their own wrapping paper, if time and supplies permit of course. They know it's from them when they hand it to someone. My daughter is always so proud of her creations. She walks around the house saying "wow" at her projects. It's good to build that up whenever you can, no matter what it is.

Variations:
  • For older kids, sponge painting would be lots of fun.
  • Older kids could create a pattern like some wrapping paper
  • I've also seen this done with paper grocery bags.
  • Older kids could create a scene
  • Stamps would be fun, too
  • For itty-bitty little ones a hand print or two would be special


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails