Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's Cookin' - Macaroni Salad

I found this recipe on America's Test Kitchen Website. It's a really simple and clean tasting pasta salad.

Macaroni Salad
1 pound elbow macaroni
1/2 small red onion, minced
1 celery, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp mustard (I used French's the recipe calls for Dijon)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup mayo (I used Hellman's)
Pepper to taste

1. Boil macaroni. Set aside.
2. Mix all other ingredients together. Add macaroni.
3. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. I like to let salads sit for an hour or so in the refrigerator before serving.

**The original recipe calls for adding all ingredients but mayo and pepper and letting sit for a couple minutes. I didn't really notice a different in taste when I just mixed all together.**

**Also, I think hard boiled egg would taste really good in this. I just haven't gotten around to adding it when I've made it.**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails