Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's Cookin' -- Pork Shoulder Roast

I made this last week to use up the last pork roast we had (from last year's meat buying).  It was a shoulder cut, which is pretty tough.  I didn't have any port wine for my favorite roast recipe, so I tried this recipe.  It was really good, and the leftovers worked great for Pork Fried Rice!!

Pork Shoulder Roast -- Crockpot
(I found this recipe from a couple different sources and adjusted as noted)

1 roast (4 to 5 pounds)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 medium onions (I used just one and it was fine)
2 bay leaves
1 whole clove (I used 1/8 tsp ground cloves)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp soy sauce


1. Rub roast with salt and pepper.
2. Make small slits in roast and put garlic inside.
3. Brown roast on medium on stovetop for 7 to 10 minutes.  (One recipe roasted in the oven for 20 minutes).
4. Put half onion on bottom of crockpot.
5. Add roast and remaining ingredients over the roast.
6. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.  Or low for 10 to 12 hours.

For more great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fix pork roast in the crock pot all of the time. It's one of our favorite fall and winter meals in fact. I would love for you to link your version to Crock Pot Wednesday. I host this blog event each week so come check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails