Like I mention in my Buying Meat post, we eat a lot of roasts. This has been my favorite roast recipe lately. Simple ingredients. Don't let the Port Wine deter you. It lasts a long time for several roasts and the cheaper bottle only costs around $5. I found this recipe on http://www.cooks.com/
Port Glazed Roast
5 lb beef or pork roast (any type and size works)
1 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 cup Port Wine
1/4 cup brown sugar
* Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
* Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
* Put roast fatty side up on roasting pan.
* Roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Less time if roast is smaller.
* Combine port wine and brown sugar in small sauce pan.
* Bring to boil on medium heat.
* Cook sauce until thickens for about 5 minutes and reduces to 1/3 cup.
* Brush glaze on roast after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
* Roast meat for 1 hour or less depending on roast size.
* Baste roast with glaze and pan juices occasionally.
* Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
I sometimes let the meat cool in the fridge and pull it apart for sandwiches.