Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sleep Interrupted

So the last four nights my little 18-month old daughter has been struggling with a cold.  I've been awake more than asleep during the night.  It got me thinking, really what else do you do when you are awake and suppose to be sleeping, of all the things, people and noises that have woke me up in my life.  Thought it would be fun to make a list.

  • Squealing little sisters.  My sisters (when they were young) liked to play this "let's see how long we can hold the same high note."
  • Neighbors fighting, having a party, talking, stomping, etc.
  • A dance club on campus.  Yeah, I chose a dorm that was next to the on-campus dance club.  I feel asleep and often woke up to the beat of a loud base Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  
  • A skunk.  When I worked a camp, I had a friendly skunk, who like to come into my tent and scavenge for food.  I had no food, but he kept coming back.
  • Homesick campers.  
  • Alarm clocks that didn't belong to me.
  • Snoring roommate.
  • Drunk roommate.
  • Hugs from a husband.  Every morning before my husband gets out of bed he gives me a hug.  It usually wakes me up -- that one I don't mind.
  • A baby talking about tacos and the moon.
  • Birds, song birds and otherwise.
  • Lawnmowers.  That was when I used to sleep in.
  • Telephone.
  • Sirens.
  • Thunderstorms.
  • Waves on the ocean.
  • Wind.
Just a sampling of what has woken me up over the years.  I'm sure you can relate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails