This recipe is taken from www.cooksillustrated.com.
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp table salt
1 cup buttermilk (cold)
8 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted and cooled for about 5 minutes)
2 Tbsp melted butter for brushing biscuits
1. Preheat oven 475 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in large bowl.
3. Combine buttermilk and 8 Tbsp of melted butter in medium bowl. Stir until butter forms clumps.
4. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated and batter pulls away from sides of bowl.
5. Use a greased 1/4 cup dry measuring cup and scoop level amount of batter.
6. Drop on parchment-lined baking sheet. (Biscuits should measure about 2 1/4 inches.)
7. Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes.
8. Brush tops with melted butter.
**While re-reading the directions for this recipe I realized that there is powdered buttermilk. This would be a great pantry staple to have on hand.**