Monday, February 23, 2009

Toddler Crafts and More



Here are some activities we've been doing lately.

Kool-Aid Playdough
(I've seen this recipe all over the blogger world and had to try it.  It is fantastic.)
1 cup flour
1 package Kool-Aid (any works, we used grape)
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup salt
3/4 cup boiling hot water

1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Stir in boiling water.
3. Mix well.

*Store in air tight container.  We're keeping ours in the fridge.**

Frog Activity
After we made a heart valentine butterfly, my daughter kept looking at it and saying "ribbit."  We glued this pattern.


Sensory Table -- Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I found this idea here and my daughter absolutely loves it.  All you need is some yellow yarn and brown and red pom poms.  It is so much fun!
Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss.  We ate ham a couple weeks ago and my daughter was so proud that she could say ham.  I brought out the old favorite Green, Eggs and Ham and we read it many times throughout the day.  Yep, my daughter who won't sit still for anything will let me read this lengthy story and not get up.  Some might suggest it's not appropriate for her developmentally.  I say if she enjoys it we go with it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails