2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup milk
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and butter together until mixture resembles cornmeal.
2. Add milk to mixture. Stir until just combined.
3. Kneed on floured countertop for 15 to 20 times.
4. Roll out or press down dough to one inch thick
5. Cut out circles with biscuit cutter or a glass.
6. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.
1/2 pound chicken (I used leftover precooked chicken and add at end)
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 small potato, diced
1 celery stalk
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
14 oz can chicken broth (or homemade chicken stock)
2/3 cup milk
1. Boil vegetables (except onions) and chicken for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. In saucepan, melt butter and add onions until translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
3. Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then simmer until sauce thickens.
4. Mix vegetables and chicken with sauce. Let cook on low for 10 minutes.
5. Pour over biscuits and serve!