Chicken Pot Pie
Crust x 2
1 stick butter (1/2 cup -- room temperature)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp ice cold water
1/2 pound chicken
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 small potato, diced
1 celery stalk
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
14 oz can chicken broth (or homemade chicken stock)
2/3 cup milk
1. Mix flour and salt together.
2. Cut butter into sections and mix in flour salt mixture with pastry cutter or whisk. Mix until butter is pea size.
3. Mix in water and use fork to mix all together.
4. Form into two balls, wrap with cling wrap, and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
1. Boil vegetables (except onions) and chicken for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile put one crust in a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 8 minutes at 425 degrees.
3. In saucepan, melt butter and add onions until translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
4. Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then simmer until sauce thickens.
5. Mix vegetables with sauce.
6. Pour into pie plate (after baking crust for 8 minutes)
7. Place other crust over mixture. Make several cuts in top crust to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.