I made this a long time ago and made it again last night. It is really good and kid friendly. I can't remember where I got it (Taste of Home I think).
This is a stove top casserole.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
6 medium potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup milk
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheese
1. In 12-inch stove top or electric skillet, brown meat with onion, green pepper, 1/2 salt and pepper. Drain.
2. Reduce heat to low and melt butter.
3. Place potatoes over butter and spread evenly to cover pan.
4. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
5. Top with beef mixture.
6. Combine eggs and milk. Pour over all.
7. Cook covered for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.
8. Top with cheese and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
9. Cut in wedges or squares to serve.