I found this recipe in "Everyday Food" by Martha Stewart. It was one of the many free magazines we get right now. It's actually pretty good. I've ripped out several recipes to put in my binder for recipes to try. This one has a fancy name, but it got torn. And I don't use the fancy pasta (I use Penne), so don't tell Martha.
Broccoli and Pasta
1 to 2 cups pasta (depending what you use)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 head of broccoli, cut up
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (use vegan cheese or omit for dairy free)
1. Cook pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, drain rest.
2. In separate pan heat olive oil over medium.
3. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and 1/2 cup of water.
5. Cook and cover for about 8 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue to cook until water evaporates and broccoli tender. About 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add pasta to broccoli, 1/4 cup parmesan and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce.
8. Serve sprinkled with remaining parmesan.