Monday, March 2, 2009

SAHM Tips

As a still new stay-at-home mom, I've found one thing that works for me.  

Make tasks short and manageable.

For me that means, only folding a load of laundry at a time.  And it should only take me 5 minutes to fold and put away.  If laundry piles up then, it just overwhelms me and it slows me down because it takes longer.

It also means that the dishes should only take about 15 minutes during the mid-day washing and about a half hour at night.  I hate having a messy kitchen and if I had to do all the dishes at once it also would become overwhelming.

I try to vacuum and mop every other day.  I have a couple different options to do this.  Again if that is long overdue, than I spend more time scrubbing than I would like.  I can usually mop during my daughter's nap time and it only takes about 10 minutes to do the whole house.  

Cooking is a little different story since I make lots of things from scratch.  However, I have found that starting in the morning makes it less work in the later part of the day.  

The reason why I like to make my tasks manageable is because I am home to be with my daughter.  I would much rather spend 20 minutes reading stories than doing laundry.  I think sometimes stay-at-home moms lose sight of why they are home -- to be with the kids.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails