Spaghetti with Shrimp and Bacon
Coarse salt and ground pepper (I skipped this because the bacon is so salty to begin with)
12 oz spaghetti
2 strips bacon. chopped
8 oz large peeled and deveined frozen shrimp thawed and halved horizontally
6 scallions, chopped (or green onions)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, whole
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 (optional -- my addition to the recipe) A couple hours before cooking this dish, unthaw shrimp in cold water and devein. Place shrimp in plastic bag with lemon juice, garlic clove, olive oil. Seal bag and keep in refrigerator. Pat dry before cooking. If you skip this, start with step 2.
2. In large pot cook pasta. Drain when done and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
3. While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in large skillet on medium until browned -- 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Put bacon on paper towel using slotted spoon.
5. Add shrimp, scallions, and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are almost opaque about a minute.
6. Add 1/4 cup of pasta water and bring to just a boil.
7. Add shrimp mixture and lemon juice to pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thin sauce with pasta water as needed.
8. Sprinkle with bacon on top.
**This one makes the list of meals I need to make my in-laws when they come to visit.**
For more great recipes check out the