Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's baking -- 30 MInute Rolls

I've seen this one on many websites, so I don't know who to credit. I do know that we love these rolls. They are very simple to make and freeze really well. I made 3 dozen today and froze them all. They work great with meals that just need a little extra food, such as soup.

30 Minute Rolls
These rolls take me longer than 30 minutes to make, mostly because they take about 20 minutes to bake in my oven. But they are easy to prepare and taste fantastic.

Mix in a large bowl
3 1/2 cup warm water
1 cup oil
1/2 to 3/4 cup honey
4 Tbsp dry yeast

Then add
3 eggs

1 Tbsp salt
10 to 10 1/2 cups flour

Kneed for 5 minutes. Shape into rolls. I use a 1/4 dry measuring cup and drop them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Let rise for 10 to 20 minutes. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes (mine always take longer).

This website has the conversion for a dozen.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails