Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Saturday it finally felt like summer. The air was warm and we did "summer" things. In the morning, we went to the farmer's market on a mission to find strawberries. I realized that strawberries are one of the few fruits that I don't get a big allergic reaction from making them very highly wanted when they are in season. We grabbed some other vegetables and listened to a live children's band, which my daughter loved. She was dancing all around and for some reason had to do it in the hot sun.

After my daughter's nap we got the bikes ready and took a bike ride. In the four plus years that my husband and I have been together, we have yet to take a bike ride. I used to bike all the time before I met him. He bought a bike last year with a trailer for our daughter to ride in, but last year my body wasn't up for bike riding. On Saturday, we biked 12 miles around a local lake. It was a little more than I expected to do for the first time riding for so many years, but we did it. And with nothing more than tired muscles the next day -- no soreness. This makes me happy that we can do a fun activity (mostly free) as a family and that I am back to my normal activity level. It really seemed to take almost two years for me.

For Father's Day we hung around the house. I made these tasty muffins. I think my husband didn't realize how much he need to just take a day off. And yesterday was a good excuse to do it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails