Beef and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
8 oz egg noodles (1.25)
1 small yellow onion (.25)
1 stalk celery (.10)
1 Tbsp butter (.10)
1 to 2 cups leftover beef roast, cup up ($1.50)
1 head of broccoli, chopped ($1)
1 can cream mushroom (.30)
1/4 cup sour cream (.25)
1 tsp Worcester sauce (.05)
Approximate cost $4.55
1. Cook egg noodles as directed. Drain.
2. Put cooked egg noodles in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish.
3. On medium heat, heat onion and celery through for about 3 minutes.
3. Combine soup, Worcester sauce, and sour cream in separate bowl. Mix well.
4. Mix broccoli, cut-up roast, onions, celery, and noodles together. Add soup mixture over top. Mix together if you wish.
** If you have more than 2 cups leftover roast, simply add more noodles, broccoli and use milk to make the sauce thicker.**
To see a dairy free version of this, go here.
Check out more $5 Dinner recipe ideas here!
For more great recipes check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!