Here's the recipe if you plan to freeze it.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp butter (I omit this due to my daughter's milk allergy)
6 cups white rice, uncooked
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
8 tsp chicken boullion granules (I used 4 bouillion cubes)
4 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp pepper
4 freezer bags, 1 gallon
1. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add rice carrots, celery, and onion. Cook until rice is brown -- 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Cool rice.
4. Divide rice mixture into freezer bags (about 3 cups each). Into each bag add one bouillon cube, tsp parsley and 1/4 tsp pepper.
5. Seal and freeze.
1. Place frozen pilaf with 3 cups of water.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!