Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Magnets


After buying a new item, I take a second look to see if there are characters on another tag as I'm removing price tags. If it is a Dora shirt or Princess shoes (not that we buy these that often and on sale when we do), they often come with a bonus. The tags are usually made of cardstock with a cute picture. How can you let that go to waste? With a quick lamination they become a lasting treasure. Well, as lasting as anything is in the hands of a toddler.

I typically laminate or use clear contact paper and place magnetic tape on the back. I put them on the refrigerator for my daughter to play with. She may bend them or they might get lost. But that's okay -- it cost me hardly anything to make. I also do this with magazine pictures. I rotate the magnets for variety.

4 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks is such a fabulous idea.
Nothing goes to waste and the
kids get a new toy with their new
clothes. Great!

jennwa said...

Love it!!!! Inexpensive and cute.

Thanks for sharing.

Christie said...

I think it's a great idea. We do the same thing with the big girls tags too. Some of them have become quite the piece of art. The big girls like using them for various things in scrap booking and crafts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails