Egg Fu Young
6 oz bean sprouts
4 green onions
2 oz mushrooms
1 cup cooked chicken, I used leftover chicken from the freezer.
8 Tbsp peanut oil (don't substitute another oil here -- read this)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Make sauce by combining all ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Let simmer on low.
2. I added the chicken to the sauce here. However you could add a couple extra eggs and add it to the egg mixture. **Too much egg will make this runny and it won't work, too little and it won't form a patty**
3. Saute onions, bean sprouts, mushrooms in 1 Tbsp peanut oil for about 5 minutes in frying pan. Just to get them soft.
4. Put onions, bean sprouts, mushrooms in medium size bowl with eggs. Beat eggs until just before bubbles appear.
5. Heat oil on medium until shimmering.
6. Use a ladle or 1/4 cup of egg mixture and pour into the oil. They will form a patty.
7. Flip patty when browned. Take out when both sides are browned.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until egg mixture is gone.
9. Serve patties with sauce and rice.