Thursday, April 9, 2009

I paid $1.69 per gallon for gas

The expensive grocery store here just started a new rewards card program.  I signed up right away, not knowing what the benefit would be.  The card is free and of course, it still offers discounts throughout the store.  Some good ones, too.  Usually that's the reason I go to the store after looking at the ad.  The new card is also connected to a program called Fuelperks.  For every $50 I spend at the grocery store, I get 10 cents off a gallon of gas.  You can let the reward accumulate and earn more cents off for gas.  You have two months before the reward expires.

I had accumulated 40 cents reward to go toward gas.  When I went to fill up, I swiped the rewards card and it automatically lowered the gas from $2.09 to $1.69 a gallon.  The max you can fill up is 20 gallons.  The best part is that BP stores are participating and we have a BP Chase card that gives us 5 percent back on gas.  I figured I save more than $5 on gas and at these higher prices that like getting more than 2 gallons free. 

Grocery Stores that are participating in Fuelperks include:
  • BI-LO
  • Giant Eagle
  • Roundys
  • Ukrop's
  • Winn-Dixie

My advice, don't scoff at free reward programs.  I have tons of card in my wallet.  But I use them at the select stores.  Every little bit helps out and eventually you gain a reward. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails