Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's Cookin -- Chicken and Cashews

This is a Thai dish that I came across while I was searching for a chicken meal that had cashews in it.  It is really good and tastes like a good home-cooked Asian meal -- not tasting like fast food like so many places do these days. 

For more great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge!

Chicken and Cashews
This recipe was found here.  I added my variations below.  This is a large 2 serving meal.

2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 medium onion
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch pieces (I cut mine in strips)
1 cup salted cashews
Hot cooked rice

1. In a bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth, set aside.
2. In skillet saute onion in oil until tender.
3. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.  About 5 minutes.
4. Stir in soy sauce mixture.
5. Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.  
6. Stir in cashews.
7. Serve with rice.

**If you were to omit the cashews it would still taste really good.  Between steps 5 and 6 I put broccoli in the skillet.  I steamed it first for 3 minutes in the microwave.  You could be very creative and use different vegetables to vary the taste of this meal.  See the reviews for the recipe here.**



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails