Monday, April 6, 2009

More on freezing meals

I'm trying to figure out what will work for my family in order to spend less time cooking every day.  I've started freezing meals for future.  Recently I checked out some books from the library that are great resources for meal planning and freezing food.

Here are some books that I've found helpful.  They do go with the Once a Month Cooking plan, but I don't find that realistic for me.  I can't imagine making meals that we aren't familiar with just to freeze them.  The books are all a great resource for how to do this with your own meals and give great recipes.  I also like some of the tips for freezing and unthawing food.  
  • Frozen Assests, Deborah Taylor Hough.
  • Once a Month Cooking, Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg
  • Prevention's Freezer Cookbook, Sharon Sanders
  • Fix, Freeze and Feast, Kati Neville and Lindsay Tkacsik


1 comment:

Denise said...

I am so into freeezing meals! I love Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer by Susi Martinez, Vanda Howell, and Bonnie Garcia. They also have a new book that I want to get. You may want to check out this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/freezable?iid=edit-ws-031909

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails