Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Cookin' - Broccoli and Carrot Saute

This is a great side dish.  It was simple to make and has fabulous flavor.

Broccoli and Carrot Saute
I found this recipe in Prevention Freezer Cookbook: Quick Dishes for and From the Freezer. However I changed the way I cooked it a little.

2 cups broccoli
2 cups sliced carrots
1 cup chopped onions (I used green onions)
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley (I used 2 tsp dried)
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 pepper

1. Heat oil in skillet on medium until shimmering.
2. Put broccoli, carrots and onions in skillet. 
3.  Cook stirring for about 6 - 8 minutes.  
4. Add garlic at the end of cooking to avoid it from burning.  Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Vegetables should be crisp when done.  
6.  Turn off heat.  Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley.  Mix well.

For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!

1 comment:

Scott Franson Photography said...

This sounds like a great recipe, thanks for sharing it.
Claudia
claudiafranson.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails