Broccoli and Carrot Saute
I found this recipe in Prevention Freezer Cookbook: Quick Dishes for and From the Freezer. However I changed the way I cooked it a little.
2 cups broccoli
2 cups sliced carrots
1 cup chopped onions (I used green onions)
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley (I used 2 tsp dried)
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in skillet on medium until shimmering.
2. Put broccoli, carrots and onions in skillet.
3. Cook stirring for about 6 - 8 minutes.
4. Add garlic at the end of cooking to avoid it from burning. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Vegetables should be crisp when done.
6. Turn off heat. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley. Mix well.
For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge!