Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Toddler days

My little toddler appears to have some seasonal allergy issues this week.  She's been cranky after nap and her nose is runny.  We went to the doctor yesterday and he thought it was allergies, not a cold.  So we are trying to catch up a little.  I've compromised some housework to just sit with her in the same room for an hour or two at a time.  What else can you do when she's not feeling well and wants you by her side?

One new game we are playing is on her magnetic drawing board.  I draw a circle and add ears and she draws the eyes, nose and mouth.  Sure it looks like scribbles, but she gets really excited.  I've drawn a dog, a bunny, and Abby Cadabby (my best drawing yet) without faces and she adds the face.  I love that we can erase and start over again...and again...and again...and again. In true toddler fashion.  If you don't have a Magna Doodle or Parent's Young at Art -- you have to get one.  They are so much fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails