Monday, May 11, 2009

Mickey Mouse Matching Game


I came up with this idea a few years ago, but recently read in a parenting magazine that some one else had the same idea.  So I guess many people think outside the box.

I found these Mickey Mouse paint chips at Home Depot and took as many home as I could.  There are many colors: white, black, purple, green, orange, red, blue.  I laminated them and now use them for a matching game.  

Other ideas/Variations
  • I also made a board with color words for older children to match the Mickey Mouse color with the word.
  • Make patterns.  Have children create their own patterns or finish a pattern you start.
  • Add or subtract cards.  Example, if I have 3 Mickey cards and you have 2 Blue how many do we have?
  • The colors correspond with my color book. Update, my daughter now knows green, pink, brown, white, and purple after using the color book for a couple weeks!
  • Place all cards face down and have older kids write the colors as they find them on a separate piece of paper.
  • They could be used to pick groups.
  • Use a permanent marker and write letters on them.  Have older kids make words, recognize letters, match upper and lower case letters..  Hint: use hairspray to wipe the letters off the cards.
  • Use permanent marker and write number on the cards.  Use for number recognition, adding, subtracting, etc.
  • The list really is endless.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails