2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 Tbsp Lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in separate bowl. Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice until combined.
4. Add flour mixture.
5. Drop dough tablespoon-size, one inch apart.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Let cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
8. Make lemon glaze by combining confectioners sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
9. Spread glaze over cookies and let set for one hour.
**Glaze tip: Simply tip the cookie upside down into the glaze. Don't worry that it might be too much -- they taste excellent.**
Check out more recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge!