These can be frozen, which is another great reason to love them. I found this recipe in Prevention's Freezer's Cookbook: Quick dishes for and from the Freezer.
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup onions
1/4 cup bread crumb (I use crushed saltines)
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese (recipe calls for 1/4 shredded mozzarella cheese, but I found slices easier to use. Use vegan or soy-based cheese to make dairy-free)
4 hamburger buns
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp mayo
4 tomato slices
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Mix meat, onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, garlic, oregano, basil and pepper together. Form into 4 patties.
3. Place patties in broiler for 8 minutes.
4. Flip patties and broil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
5. Place cheese on top and broil for one minute longer.
6. Mix mayo and mustard together and spread on buns.
7. Place burgers with tomatoes in buns.
Check out more recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge!