Monday, June 23, 2008

Traveling with a 10-month-old

We haven't done much traveling since the baby was born. This weekend we did an overnight about 5 hours from home for a family picnic. There was so much preparing and so much unpacking that being organized was key. Just thought I would share a couple of tips that worked for me.

1. I finally figured out how to warm up the bottle at a restaurant. I asked for a cup of hot water. (We normally microwave at home). Both restaurants we went to were very accommodating.

2. I also packed individual eating baggies that included: A disposable bib, a couple dry paper towels, and a spoon in a snack baggie. I used the blue freezer bags from Glad that are a little larger than sandwich baggies. It worked well. When we finished we put the garbage from the baby food in the baggie. I put the spoon back in the small baggie to clean later. I made up one for each meal.

3. I have a purse with one pocket and a zipper that holds a couple diapers, small wipes container, small pad, food, snacks in a snack baggie, the eating bag, and a couple of toys. I use that when we go to restaurants instead of hauling the large diaper bag that has more stuff than I'll need. The purse also has a long strap, so I can easily reach in during a diaper change if there is no where to place my purse (and normally there isn't). I then reloaded my purse for the next stop. Oh, and I found it at Goodwill for $3. It is cloth so I can wash it, too.

4. For the whole trip I limited myself to two diaper bags for the baby. One with toys and bedding, the other with clothes, diapers, lotions, and everything else.

5. I used a Wal-Mart bag to put dirty clothes into.

We had a fun trip. Just a couple of ideas I wanted to share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails